I didn't plan to be so bad at updating this blog...it's amazing how there just does not seem to be time. At the very least I figure I should continue with the monthly updates on the little person who is the centre of our world. Better late than never, right?
During the month of April, Adrian has learned to roll from back to tummy and a few weeks later, from tummy to back. He surprised me one day by rolling into the sink when I turned away for a moment while changing him. He didn't seem to mind, but it was a big wake up call that we can't just leave this guy somewhere and assume he will stay put anymore! Adrian also had his first little giggles this month. Such a beautiful sound. I guess we are not very funny around here, because it doesn't happen very often! Our champion night sleeper has turned into a champion non-sleeper. Many nights he is up every hour. As is often the case it seems with babies, the reason is a mystery and we are (maybe naively?) holding out hope that one of these days he will suddenly start sleeping well again. A handful of people have suggested a chiropractor but we can't bring ourselves to do it. Myself growing up with very negative attitudes toward chiropractors and my husband being a physiotherapist and therefore naturally disinclined toward the practice of chiropracty.
So even though we are much more exhausted these days, we are continuing to have so much fun with our little guy. Living with the in-laws definitely has it's advantages...extra sets of hands are very welcome most days! We are still longing for our own space so we can really settle into our own routine as a family. Fortunately we don't have to wait much longer! Maybe someday I'll find a moment to post an update about the rest of our lives.

So cute! Looking forward to hearing more about your house...and seeing pictures :)
ReplyDelete