This is the first year we spent Christmas far away from our immediate families. Other years we have either visited Manitoba or had our families come to us in Prince Rupert. It felt different, but not sad.We got to be with our Prince Rupert family instead! We weren't sure with the timing of my due date whether we'd be able to participate in our planned Christmas celebrations, but since we are still a family of 2 we were able to join in all the festivities.
Christmas Eve was a really nice day. We slept in until forever (10, I think!) and then went to the Crest for breakfast. Going out for breakfast is something I have so rarely done in my life that it always feels like a special treat. We got the corner table with a panoramic view of the harbour and Prince Rupert waterfront, which inspired reflection on our 3+ years here and all the things we have appreciated about this town. The rest of the day we did a bit of shopping, played Carcassonne, stopped in at the hospital for a quick check-up, and prepped food for Christmas lunch and Christmas Eve supper.
![]() |
| Christmas Eve dinner for 2 |
The evening church service was nice, though I wasn't sure about the neon glow sticks in place of real candles. I guess the building our church is using now doesn't allow real candles. After church we had a nice cozy evening with a couple of dear friends.
I think every Christmas morning of my life has been spend opening gifts, but Ben and I didn't exchange gifts this year so it was a quieter morning. After church in the morning we headed to Jacques and Bev's house for Christmas lunch with our Prince Rupert family. The day was spent eating LOTS, playing games, exchanging gifts, laughing, and eating some more. I think my favourite part of the day was that no one had anything to rush off to. We could all just be. I didn't feel the need to look at my watch once all day!
Our long awaited present is yet to come and we are really looking forward to celebrating a late Christmas with my parents when they arrive on the 31st! Merry Christmas!






Aww, this made me miss you a lot! But I'm happy that you had a nice relaxing Christmas. Your brunch sounded lovely. Sometimes I love the busyness here, but sometimes I wish there was more time to do nothing. Glad you were able to have a quiet few days before your busyness begins.
ReplyDeleteA quiet Christmas with friends *happy sigh as I recall past years*
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely time with your parents and can't wait to hear the news about baby.