First blog post! Intimidating. I've been wanting to start a blog for a while because I enjoy reading my friends' blogs so much and I thought there might be someone, somewhere, who might enjoy reading what I have to say as well. What better time to start blogging than right before we embark on what I think will be the greatest adventure of our lives! This also might just be a great way to keep in touch with our Prince Rupert friends who we will sadly be leaving in....well I don't really want to think about it, but let's just say it will be fairly soon.
So why do I feel like a library book? Because I'm overdue! Well, our baby is, I should say. Just by one day so far. I told myself and everyone else that this baby would come after the due date, and my brain believed it, but my heart was "secretly" hoping he would come just a little bit early. I have nothing to complain about AT ALL. I have friends who have waited and are waiting much longer than 9 months for their precious babies. We are so incredibly blessed to have this miracle growing inside of me. (Just don't grow too big, please!) I love playing with his little feet when they poke out my side. I can hardly believe that I will get to see and touch and kiss those little feet on the outside in 7 days or less! And now please excuse me while I get a kleenex. Sniff.
It's a strange place to be in, this waiting stage. Feeling like something is never going to happen yet knowing with certainty that it will. It HAS to. Nobody stays pregnant forever. Hoping for pain to start. Dreading and looking forward to something at the same time. Strange dichotomies. Mixes of emotions.Wanting to be on the other side of labour so badly, but knowing the process will be worth it. It's overwhelming if I think about it too much, so mostly I've just been going about life as normal, making plans, and finding lots of distractions. Since we don't have a baby yet, we're trying to do things this week and weekend that won't be so easy to do once we're parents. Unfortunately Prince Rupert doesn't present a lot of "going out on the town" options. There aren't even any good movies playing. But last night we went out for drinks with friends and tomorrow morning we have a breakfast date. (After a good sleep-in). I'm looking forward to the Christmas Eve service at church tomorrow night and our Christmas day "family" gathering of close friends the next day!
It's a strange place to be in, this waiting stage. Feeling like something is never going to happen yet knowing with certainty that it will. It HAS to. Nobody stays pregnant forever. Hoping for pain to start. Dreading and looking forward to something at the same time. Strange dichotomies. Mixes of emotions.Wanting to be on the other side of labour so badly, but knowing the process will be worth it. It's overwhelming if I think about it too much, so mostly I've just been going about life as normal, making plans, and finding lots of distractions. Since we don't have a baby yet, we're trying to do things this week and weekend that won't be so easy to do once we're parents. Unfortunately Prince Rupert doesn't present a lot of "going out on the town" options. There aren't even any good movies playing. But last night we went out for drinks with friends and tomorrow morning we have a breakfast date. (After a good sleep-in). I'm looking forward to the Christmas Eve service at church tomorrow night and our Christmas day "family" gathering of close friends the next day!
Please bear with me as I attempt to figure out how to make this blog visually appealing and find out how to post pictures etc. Hopefully it will be a fun place for me to share thoughts and photos and a place you will enjoy visiting!
Welcome to blogger-ville! I'm going to enjoy getting reacquainted with you again via this blog before your big move back east :-)
ReplyDeleteAfter 3.5 years away from Winnipeg it was difficult to say goodbye to friends but I'm finding something very comforting in being back on the prairies as well.
Blessings to you and Ben as you await baby's arrival!